Saturday 20 November 2010

Headmasters



I LOVE the Transformers: The Headmasters series from Japan, when I first saw it I was so happy, it was just after I collected the G1 DVD's from Metrodome, so I was in the mood for more Transformers. I mean despite this series being like 20 years old or something when I saw it, it just always felt new to me

Now My actual thoughts:

LOVE
The Trainbots - Lets face it...Robots that turn into trains are just cool and we didn't get enough over here in the west
The Headmasters - Whilst the Nebulon Headmasters are what I remember most, I actually prefer that the Headmasters in Japan were just purely robotic instead of little aliens in suits
Cybertron exploding - Who couldn't find that incredible
More toys!!! - Not more than we had in the West really, but I mean we see more toys on screen than we did in the West, like the Monsterbots, and most others having a larger role, like Punch or the Clones...and Sixshot of course
Ultra Magnus - I'm not a fan of Ultra Magnus, I admit that, I find him irritating really, but I loved his death scene..yeah..I'm a sadist
Combiners - So many combiners fighting *droooolllll*
A paced out intro for characters - Because Season 4 in the West was so contracted, you had like 50 new characters appear in one episode or something, at least in Headmasters we get episodes specifically for specific characters to be introduced
Targetmasters - I like how they aren't just guns (ie held by a handle), but weapons that actually attach to the larger robots
The bloodbath - These episodes have a lot of death in them, I mean not every episode, but certainly a lot of them
Sixshot - He got shafter in Season 4, now he has his revenge, he's Earth Commander, a super ninja, a mass murderer and later a defector, joining the Autobots as seen in Victory (as Greatshot) plus...you know...SIX ALT MODES!!!
Drunk robots - Hardhead gets drunk and makes Twincast act like a karaoke machine as he sings the closing themetune to the series, and Wheelie gets drunk too (LIGHTWEIGHT!)

HATE
Arcee - "Here's your tea Mr Maximus" is essentially her role in the series
DUB DUB DUB!!!! - I tried watching Headmasters in the dub form first, then I cried, I just couldn't watch it...now I tend to watch foreign films in subtitled form rather than dub, unless they are dubbed by a proper company like 4Kids or something
Daniel - Seriously? How old is he meant to be??

I'll probably update this every so often as stuff come to mind

No comments:

Post a Comment